Monte Carlo is a name given to numerical methods that involve random number generation. Such numerical methods are used to solve many problems in mathematics, finance and computing. For example, simulation of a random walk is based on some Monte Carlo algorithm. Also, sampling from a subset of a large data set in order to deduce the data set properties is another application of Monte Carlo. In my Monte Carlo posts I will cover random number generation techniques, simulation of price paths of financial assets and other interesting topics.
Top Posts & Pages
- A Tutorial on Hidden Markov Model with a Stock Price Example - Part 1
- A Tutorial on Hidden Markov Model with a Stock Price Example – Part 2
- Executing a Python Script from a C# Program
- Two Ways to Perform Linear Regression in Python with Numpy and Scikit-Learn
- Gaussian Mixture Model with Application to Anomaly Detection
Blogs I Follow